First, from River City Reading, What are 10 books I'm looking forward to?
1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
2. Days of Blood and Starlight Laini Taylor
3. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (these 3 have been in everyone of my TBRs for months)
4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
5. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (My first Rainbow Rowell book ever!)
7. We Were Liars by e. lockhart
8. Reboot by Amy Tintera (She's an Aggie like me!)
9. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (Like now. I'm not gonna be good at waiting for this one.)
10. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (Come on! That can't be that shocking.)
Second, from My Life in Books, the Bookish Battle Royal Challenge, which I am going to copy and paste the rules to cause there are specifics...
- Choose three or more fictional characters as combatants – they can be haphazardly picked or themed (for example, I went with badass classic literature protagonists)
- List three strengths and weakness for each contender (feel free to skip this step if you’re using social media to participate in Bout of Books i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads…)
- Determine who would come out victorious and give a little explanation why you think they would win – get creative with the outcomes!
- Link in the comments and if you tweet about this challenge make sure to use the hashtag #bookbattleroyal in addition to #boutofbooks because I want to see all your dueling characters!
Characters: (1) Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass, (2) Johanna Mason from Catching Fire, and (3) Risa Ward from Unwind.
Strengths: (1) Celaena - trained assassin, passionate, confidence; (2) Johanna - badass with an ax, screw you attitude, bigger heart than she'd like you to believe; (3) Risa - amazing pianist, medic, know self defense
Weaknesses: (1) Celaena - prideful, arrogant, unable to follow orders...ever; (2) Johanna - traumatized, temper, no filter; (3) Risa - stubborn, tendency to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time (or maybe its the right place at the right time. Depends on how you look at it), not trained with any weapon...
Winner: Honestly, it completely depends on the circumstances. Maybe Celaena and Johanna would just kill each other and Risa would win with her resourcefulness by hiding/running and just getting away. Then again Celaena is a trained and famous assassin... But Johanna survived the Hunger games TWICE... Yeah, it feels too easy and isn't creative at all, but my bet is on Celaena. She just has a lot more avenues of success than the others. Still think Johanna would be the best fighter in a group and Risa I think would do the best just surviving the real world, real life, but in a Battle Royal, I gotta give it to Celaena. =)